PM Scholarship 2023: The Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) and State Police Personnel dependent wards and widows are encouraged to pursue higher professional and technical education through the PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS), which is administered by the Welfare and Rehabilitation Board, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. Since its inception in 2006–2007, PM scholarship 2023 program has positively impacted thousands of students and made it easier for them to achieve their career goals.
The Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) is an initiative launched by the Government of India to provide financial assistance to the children of ex-servicemen and widows of Armed Forces personnel pursuing higher education. The scheme aims to encourage and support the education of these students, thereby contributing to their overall development and future prospects.
PM Scholarship 2023 is primarily designed to benefit students pursuing professional courses like engineering, medicine, dental, veterinary, MBA, MCA, and other equivalent courses. It is meant to provide financial aid to cover the costs of tuition fees, as well as other incidental expenses associated with pursuing higher education.
Key features of the PM Scholarship 2023 Scheme:
- Eligibility Criteria: The scheme is available to the dependent wards/widows of ex-servicemen and ex-coast guard personnel who are eligible for a pension from the Ministry of Defence.
- Educational Qualification: Students must have gained admission to a professional course in a recognized university or college. This could include technical or professional courses at undergraduate or postgraduate levels.
- Financial Assistance: The scholarship provides financial assistance in the form of a fixed amount towards tuition fees. The amount of scholarship varies based on the category of the student and the course being pursued.
- Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship is generally provided for the entire duration of the course, subject to the student maintaining the required academic performance.
- Application Process: Interested students need to apply for the scholarship through the official website or portal designated by the Ministry of Defence. The application process usually opens during specific periods, and applicants need to provide relevant documents and details as required.
- Selection Process: The selection of students for the scholarship is based on certain criteria, including merit and financial need.
- Renewal and Conditions: In most cases, scholarships are renewable on an annual basis, contingent upon the student’s academic performance in the previous year.
- Cooperation with Kendriya Sainik Board: The Kendriya Sainik Board, which functions under the Ministry of Defence, plays a key role in implementing and managing the scheme.
PM Scholarship Eligibility 2023
Who is eligible for the PM scholarship among the applicants? What are the main requirements for eligibility to receive this scholarship? What are the courses that qualify for the scholarship? This section includes the responses to each of these queries. The main requirements for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship are as follows:
1) Being the dependent ward or widow of a deceased CAPF or AR, an ex-CAPF or AR, a serving or retired CAPF or AR, or a member of the State Police
2) Enrolling in the mentioned professional courses in the list below. (Note that lateral entry and integrated courses are exempt.)
3) For these courses, class 12 or a diploma or a degree should be the minimum educational requirement.
4) Obtaining the required educational qualification with a grade point average of at least 60%.
PM Scholarship Application Procedure 2023
What procedures must be followed to apply for PM scholarship 2023? Can a student submit a scholarship application offline? No, only online applications are accepted for the PM scholarship. The National Scholarship Portal will be used for the 2019–20 academic year’s application. The step-by-step instructions for candidates to apply for the scholarship are as follows:
Step 1: Signing up with NSP
- Visit NSP’s official website.
- Then select “New Registration.”
- Examine the application guidelines thoroughly.
- Go ahead and keep going.
- Include all necessary information.
- Simply select “Register.”
Step 2: Complete the application in step two.
- Utilize the application id and password you obtained on your registered mobile number to log into the site.
- For a successful login, an OTP will be produced and sent to the registered mobile number.
- Change the password and confirm the OTP.
- Fill out the scholarship application after logging in.
- A scanned copy of each supporting document should be uploaded.
- Apply at the end.
PM Scholarship 2023 Overview
|Name of Scheme||PM Scholarship 2023|
|Provider||Welfare and Rehabilitation Board, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India|
|Eligibility||Dependent ward/widow of deceased CAPFs & AR/Ex-CAPFs & AR/retired and serving CAPFs & AR/State Police Personnel|
|Awards||INR 36,000 annually for girl child INR 30,000 annually for boy child|
|Application Timeline||Yet to be announced|
PM Scholarship 2023 – Required Documents
Candidates must be eager to learn about the required documents after they are aware of the detailed application process and how to apply for the pm narendra modi scholarship Scheme. The candidates are recommended to prepare scanned copies of all the supporting papers before beginning the application since all applications must be submitted online. Here is a list of all the supporting documentation they need to submit when applying for PM scholarship 2023:
- Serving Certificate from HOO (in the case of serving personnel)
- A certificate from the concerned state government attesting to the death of State Police officers during terrorist or Naxal attacks
- The appropriate Certificate of Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) Mark sheets for the Class 12th, Graduation (for all years), or Diploma (for all semesters)
- PPO, Discharge Book, or Certificate (Mandatory for Category A to F)
- Certificate of Death (Applicable for deceased personnel)
- Certificate of Disabilities (Applicable for disabled personnel)
- Awarded a Certificate of Valor (Applicable for Gallantry Award winners)
What factors are taken into account when choosing the students who will get PM scholarships? Who makes the final decision on the students? The Ministry of Home Affairs is responsible for the complete implementation and disbursement of the program, however students are given precedence in the following order:
Category A: The wards and widows of CAPFs and AR troops who were killed in action are given priority.
Category B: Children of former CAPF and armed forces servicemen who were injured in combat are given second preference.
Category C: The third preference is granted to the children and widows of deceased CAPF and AR servicemen who passed away while in the line of duty as a result of circumstances related to their work for the government.
Category D: Wards of former members of the CAPF and the AR who become disabled while serving and whose impairment can be traced back to government duty are given preference.
Category E: Additionally, preference is given to the wards of former CAPF members and AR soldiers who have won heroism honors.
Category F: The children of former CAPF members are given preference.
Category G: Last but not least, wards of active CAPFs and AR personnel (PBOR) would receive preference, provided that scholarships are still available.
pm yasasvi scholarship 2023 Is Last Date August 26, 2023.
PM Scholarship 2023 Last Dates
|1.||Online Registration/Filling of Application Form Starts||August 2023|
|2.||Last date to submit online application||2nd week of December 2023|
|3.||Last date for verification of defective applications||3rd week of December 2023|
|4.||Last date for institute verification||4th week of December 2023|
|5.||Verification of application by CAPFs & AR||1st week of January 2023 to 2nd week of January 2023|
|6.||Preparation of merit list and Lot generation phase||2nd Week Of January 2023 To Last Week Of January 2023|
|7.||Sanctioning of scholarship by R&W Directorate, MHA||Last Week Of January 2023 To 1st Week Of February 2023|
|8.||Payment file generation||1st Week Of February 2023 To 2nd Week Of February 2023|
|9.||Disbursement of scholarship amount||2nd Week Of February 2023 To Last Week Of February 2023|
|10.||Dispatch of personal letters from Honourable Prime Minister||2nd Week Of March 2023|
Scholarship for PM – Renew
Is it necessary to renew the PM scholarship? If so, how does a candidate apply for renewal? The first installment of the PM scholarship 2023 will be given to the chosen students as soon as the merit list is made public, but further payments are only made if the students petition for renewal at the end of each academic year. A candidate may submit an online renewal application in the same manner as a new one. However, to qualify for the renewal application, they must meet several requirements, which include:
Firstly, having a cumulative grade point average of at least 50%.
Secondly, passing in a single sitting all subjects for each semester or school year.
The nicest part about renewal is that a candidate can apply for it within a year of the results being announced, and applications can be submitted at any time of year except January through April.
Key features of the PM Scholarship 2023 Scheme:
- Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the PM Scholarship 2023 Scheme, you must have scored at least 60% in your 12th-grade board examinations. Additionally, you should be pursuing regular courses in any recognized institution. This means that if you’re planning to study in a government college or a reputed private institution, you can apply for this scholarship.
- Financial Assistance
The most exciting feature of the PM Scholarship 2023 Scheme is the financial assistance it provides. Under this scheme, you can receive up to Rs. 75,000 per year for your academic expenses. This amount can significantly help cover your tuition fees, books, and other educational expenses.
- Fields of Study
The scholarship scheme covers a wide range of fields of study, including general degree courses, technical and professional courses, medical and dental courses, and more. So, whether you’re interested in engineering, medicine, arts, or any other field, you can apply for this scholarship.
- Reservation Categories
The PM Scholarship Scheme 2023 also offers reservation benefits. If you belong to a reserved category such as SC, ST, OBC, or EWS, you may be eligible for additional benefits. These benefits can include higher scholarship amounts or relaxed eligibility criteria, depending on your category.
- Duration of the Scholarship
The scholarship is awarded for the entire duration of your course, ensuring that you receive financial assistance throughout your educational journey. This means that if you’re pursuing a three-year bachelor’s degree, you’ll receive the scholarship for all three years.
- Pm Scholarship Application Process
Applying for the PM Scholarship 2023 Scheme is a straightforward process. You can visit the official website or portal designated for scholarship applications and follow the step-by-step instructions. Make sure to provide all the necessary documents and information accurately to enhance your chances of receiving the scholarship.
- Pm Scholarship Deadline
It’s crucial to be aware of the application deadline for the PM Scholarship 2023 Scheme. The government announces specific dates for application submission, so be sure to mark your calendar and submit your application before the deadline. Missing the deadline could mean missing out on this valuable opportunity.
- Merit-Based Selection
The selection process for the PM Scholarship is merit-based, which means that your academic performance plays a significant role in determining whether you receive the scholarship. So, make sure to focus on your studies and maintain good grades to increase your chances of being selected.
Eligibility Criteria for PM Scholarship 2023
To apply for the PM Scholarship in 2023, you must meet certain eligibility requirements. Here’s a simple breakdown:
1. Academic Qualification
You should have passed your 10th and 12th board examinations with flying colors. For 10th, you should have scored a minimum of 60% marks. For 12th, the requirement is a minimum of 70% marks. If you are pursuing a diploma course, a minimum of 60% in your diploma is required.
2. Pursuing Professional Courses
The PM Scholarship primarily supports students pursuing professional courses. This includes courses like engineering, medical, architecture, and more. So, make sure your chosen course falls under this category.
3. Family Income
Your family’s annual income should not exceed Rs. 8 lakhs per annum. This is to ensure that the scholarship benefits those who genuinely need financial assistance.
4. Age Limit
You should be below 25 years of age at the time of application. This means you have a fair amount of time to explore your higher education options.
5. Should Not Avail Other Scholarships
If you are already receiving a scholarship from any other government source, you may not be eligible for the PM Scholarship. Make sure to check this before applying.
6. Secure Admission
To be eligible, you must have secured admission in a recognized college or university. Ensure you have all the necessary documents related to your admission.
7. Important Note for Defense Personnel
If you are a child of a deceased or ex-service personnel, the family income limit is relaxed. In such cases, the income should not exceed Rs. 8 lakhs per annum.