PM Scholarship: The Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) and State Police Personnel dependent wards and widows are encouraged to pursue higher professional and technical education through the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme (PMSS), which is administered by the Welfare and Rehabilitation Board, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. Since its inception in 2006–2007, the PM scholarship program has positively impacted thousands of students and made it easier for them to achieve their career goals.
Key Eligibility for the PM Scholarship
Who is eligible for the PM scholarship among the applicants? What are the main requirements for eligibility to receive this scholarship? What are the courses that qualify for the scholarship? This section includes the responses to each of these queries. The main requirements for applicants to be eligible for this scholarship are as follows:
1) Being the dependent ward or widow of a deceased CAPF or AR, an ex-CAPF or AR, a serving or retired CAPF or AR, or a member of the State Police
2) Enrolling in the mentioned professional courses in the list below. (Note that lateral entry and integrated courses are exempt.)
3) For these courses, class 12 or a diploma or a degree should be the minimum educational requirement.
4) Obtaining the required educational qualification with a grade point average of at least 60%.
What procedures must be followed to apply for the PM scholarship? Can a student submit a scholarship application offline? No, only online applications are accepted for the PM scholarship. The National Scholarship Portal will be used for the 2019–20 academic year’s application. The step-by-step instructions for candidates to apply for the scholarship are as follows:
Step 1: Signing up with NSP
- Visit NSP’s official website.
- Then select “New Registration.”
- Examine the application guidelines thoroughly.
- Go ahead and keep going.
- Include all necessary information.
- Simply select “Register.”
Step 2: Complete the application in step two.
- Utilize the application id and password you obtained on your registered mobile number to log into the site.
- For a successful login, an OTP will be produced and sent to the registered mobile number.
- Change the password and confirm the OTP.
- Fill out the scholarship application after logging in.
- A scanned copy of each supporting document should be uploaded.
- Apply at the end.
PM Scholarship – Required Documents
Candidates must be eager to learn about the required documents after they are aware of the detailed application process and how to apply for the Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme. The candidates are recommended to prepare scanned copies of all the supporting papers before beginning the application since all applications must be submitted online. Here is a list of all the supporting documentation they need to submit when applying for the PM scholarship:
- Serving Certificate from HOO (in the case of serving personnel)
- A certificate from the concerned state government attesting to the death of State Police officers during terrorist or Naxal attacks
- The appropriate Certificate of Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) Mark sheets for the Class 12th, Graduation (for all years), or Diploma (for all semesters)
- PPO, Discharge Book, or Certificate (Mandatory for Category A to F)
- Certificate of Death (Applicable for deceased personnel)
- Certificate of Disabilities (Applicable for disabled personnel)
- Awarded a Certificate of Valor (Applicable for Gallantry Award winners)
What factors are taken into account when choosing the students who will get PM scholarships? Who makes the final decision on the students? The Ministry of Home Affairs is responsible for the complete implementation and disbursement of the program, however students are given precedence in the following order:
Category A: The wards and widows of CAPFs and AR troops who were killed in action are given priority.
Category B: Children of former CAPF and armed forces servicemen who were injured in combat are given second preference.
Category C: The third preference is granted to the children and widows of deceased CAPF and AR servicemen who passed away while in the line of duty as a result of circumstances related to their work for the government.
Category D: Wards of former members of the CAPF and the AR who become disabled while serving and whose impairment can be traced back to government duty are given preference.
Category E: Additionally, preference is given to the wards of former CAPF members and AR soldiers who have won heroism honors.
Category F: The children of former CAPF members are given preference.
Category G: Last but not least, wards of active CAPFs and AR personnel (PBOR) would receive preference, provided that scholarships are still available.
|1.||Online Registration/Filling of Application Form Starts||August 2023|
|2.||Last date to submit online application||2nd week of December 2023|
|3.||Last date for verification of defective applications||3rd week of December 2023|
|4.||Last date for institute verification||4th week of December 2023|
|5.||Verification of application by CAPFs & AR||1st week of January 2023 to 2nd week of January 2023|
|6.||Preparation of merit list and Lot generation phase||2nd Week Of January 2023 To Last Week Of January 2023|
|7.||Sanctioning of scholarship by R&W Directorate, MHA||Last Week Of January 2023 To 1st Week Of February 2023|
|8.||Payment file generation||1st Week Of February 2023 To 2nd Week Of February 2023|
|9.||Disbursement of scholarship amount||2nd Week Of February 2023 To Last Week Of February 2023|
|10.||Dispatch of personal letters from Honourable Prime Minister||2nd Week Of March 2023|
Scholarship for PM – Renew
Is it necessary to renew the scholarship? If so, how does a candidate apply for renewal? The first installment of the PM scholarship will be given to the chosen students as soon as the merit list is made public, but further payments are only made if the students petition for renewal at the end of each academic year. A candidate may submit an online renewal application in the same manner as a new one. However, to qualify for the renewal application, they must meet several requirements, which include:
Firstly, having a cumulative grade point average of at least 50%.
Secondly, passing in a single sitting all subjects for each semester or school year.
The nicest part about renewal is that a candidate can apply for it within a year of the results being announced, and applications can be submitted at any time of year except January through April.