The Swami Rama Himalayan University (SRHU), Dehradun, offers over 100 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in a range of subject areas. The UG-level flagship programs are B.Tech(CSE), BBA, B.Com (Hons), and BCA, while the PG level flagship courses are MBA, MCA, M.Tech, and M.Sc across many streams. Entrance tests like the JEE Main, NEET, MAT, CAT, and others are used to determine admission to courses, albeit, for the majority of them, admission is based on the results of the most recent qualifying examinations.
The university has a reputation for academic distinction dating back more than 25 years, and one of the oldest and best medical and nursing schools in Uttarakhand is located there. The university is located near Jolly Grant Airport and spans a campus of more than 200 acres of natural greenery.
There are university has the following schools running under it:
- Himalayan School of Engineering and Technology
- Himalayan School of Management Studies
- Himalayan College of Nursing
- Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences
|Entrance Exam||National: BITSAT, JEE Main, NEET, MAT, XAT, CAT, ATMA, GMAT, PGMEE|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG|
|Top Recruiters||Infosys, TCS, Cognizant, Extramarks, Bajaj Motors, Bajaj Sons, Capgemini, Deloitte, Amazon|
|Campus Area||200 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Canteen, Recreational facilities, Labs, Sports|
|Address||Swami Ram Nagar, Beside Jolly Grant Airport, Jolly Grant, Doiwala, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248016|
Swami Rama Himalayan University [SRHU] Fee Structure
|Bachelor Of Commerce (Hons.)||1,17,000||3 Years|
|B. Tech. In Civil Engineering||1,81,000||4 Years|
|Master In Hospital Administration||1,38,000||3 Years|
|B.C.A. (Bachelor Of Computer Applications)||94,000||2 Years|
|MBA In Financial Management||1,91,000||2 Years|
|Diploma In Child Health||18,27,500||2 Years|
|M. Sc Biotechnology||1,23,500||2 Years|
Swami Rama Himalayan University [SRHU] Admissions
Merit-based admissions are made by the results of the entrance exams.
Admission criteria are based on merit and the entrance exam scorecard.
- Students must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board with an aggregate of at least 55% marks in all subjects to pursue a B.Tech course.
- Admission to B.Tech will be granted based on the score obtained in JEE Main or BITSAT.
- Students must hold a Diploma or B.Sc. degree with an aggregate of at least 55% marks to seek admission to the B.Tech Lateral entry program.
- Admission to the B.Tech Lateral program will be granted based on merit in the qualifying examination followed by Counselling and Personal Interview.
- For BCA, candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent with Mathematics as a compulsory subject with at least 50% marks.
- For BBA and B.Com (Hons), candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent with an aggregate of at least 50% marks with English as a compulsory subject.
- For B.Sc and B.Voc, students must have passed Class 12 or equivalent in relevant discipline with an aggregate of at least 45% marks.
- Admission to BBA, BCA, B.Com (Hons), B.Sc. and B.Voc will be granted based on merit in the qualifying examination followed by Personal Counselling.
- For lateral entry admission to the B.Sc program, students must hold a Diploma in relevant discipline with an aggregate of at least 50% marks.
- Admission will be granted based on performance in the Common Entrance Examination for Nursing and Paramedical (CEENP).
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 or equivalent with PCB from a recognized board to pursue an MBBS course.
- Admission will be granted based on the score obtained in NEET UG followed by Personal Counselling.
- For lateral entry admission to the MCA program, candidates must hold a B.Sc. (IT/ CS) or BCA degree with an aggregate of at least 50% marks.
- Admission to MCA, M.Sc., MHA and MCA Lateral Entry Program will be offered based on merit in Graduation followed by Personal Counselling and Interaction.
- For the MBA program, students must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with an aggregate of at least 50% marks.
- Admission will be granted based on the score obtained in CAT/ MAT/ GMAT/ CMAT followed by GD-PI.
- Students must hold a B.Sc. degree in relevant discipline with an aggregate of at least 50% marks to pursue an M.Sc. program.
- For the MPT program, the candidate must pass in BPT degree from a recognized university with an aggregate of at least 50% marks.
- Admission to MPT will be granted based on performance in the Bachelor’s degree examination.
- For MHA course, candidates must hold MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS/ BHMS/ B.Sc./ B.Pharm with an aggregate of at least 50% marks.
- For MD/ MS and PG D program, students must hold an MBBS degree from a recognized university.
- Admission to MD/MS and PG Diploma will be granted based on the score obtained in NEET PG.
- Students seeking admission to Fellowship program must hold a PG degree in relevant discipline from a recognized board.
- Admission to the Lateral Entry Diploma course will be offered based on the valid score in CEENP.
- Candidates can apply online through the official website of the university.
How to Use?
- Applying online is possible through the college website.
- They must register themselves, then fill out the application and submit it.
- The Admissions Cell will get in touch with the candidates if they are qualified to proceed with the payment of fees and other steps.
Online applications are accepted for the SRHU Dehradun admissions process. The SRHU admissions procedure differs depending on the course. Before enrolling in the desired course, candidates must, however, demonstrate that they meet the requirements for eligibility.
The majority of courses need applicants to submit scores from national, state, or university-level exams to be admitted. Admission to some programs, such as BBA and B.Com, is determined by merit. Here is some quick information regarding SRHU.
|Application Form Availability For NCPP||May 6, 2024 – Sep 1, 2024|
|Entrance Exam & Interview/ Declaration of Result & Counselling||Sep 14, 2024|
|Application Form Availability for Ph.D||May 6, 2024 – Jul 12, 2024|
|Entrance Exam||Jul 28, 2024|
|Application Form Availability for For MD, MS, Diploma||May 6, 2024 – May 7, 2024|
|Display of merit List||May 7, 2024|
|Last date of PhD Application||Jul 13, 2024|
|MBA Admission Registration Begins||Apr 9, 2024|
Swami Rama Himalayan University [SRHU] Placement
A training and placement cell at SRHU assists students with on-campus hiring. The university arranges a range of placement-related events for students, including workshops, pre-placement discussions, seminars, and industrial visits. For the 2021 placement drive, the students received opportunities through virtual campuses and off-campus drives. For four years in a row, the students who chose to pursue placements from the Diploma in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering received 100% placements. Every student who chose to study BBA and B.Com (Hons.) was hired as well.
Alumni of SRHU Dehradun are employed by prestigious businesses like Fortis Hospital, CMI Hospital, TCS, HCL, Wipro, Genpact, Tech Mahindra, and others. They are employed in a variety of fields, including engineering, business development, education, information technology, human resources, finance, marketing, and sales.
For the academic year 2021–2024, SRHU has yet to disclose its placement report. However, the Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, one of its constituent colleges, has released the NIRF report 2024. (HIMS). The median compensation packages offered to UG (5-year) and PG (3-year) students in the academic year 2020–2021 were INR 9.6 LPA and INR 15.6 LPA, respectively, according to the NIRF report 2024.
The university has an active placement cell that works all year to give its students improved employment options. In recent years, the major employers at SRHU Dehradun have included Amazon, TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Capgemini, Fortis Hospital, CMI Hospital, and more.
Scholarships at SRHU
The university offers its students financial aid and scholarships. Candidates applying for diploma, undergraduate, and postgraduate programs offered by its component school, the Himalayan School of Engineering Technology, are eligible for scholarships (HSET).
Seven different kinds of scholarships are available from the university, and they are given to deserving students depending on their grades. Scholarships are available to applicants who fall under the All India Category (AIC) and are Uttarakhand Permanent Residents (PRU). Additionally, the University grants students from Uttarakhand a 26% discount on the applicable course fee. The following courses are offered under the scholarship programs offered by SRHU Dehradun:
- Standard BTech
- Lateral Entry BCA in BTech
- Regular MCA, MCA Lateral Polytechnic Engineering Diploma
Facilities and Amenities
- At SRHU, a variety of services are offered to help students and guarantee ongoing co-curricular activity.
- Hostel: The campus offers lodging options for academics, staff, and students. There are amenities including telephones, daily newspapers, common areas, and televisions in every individual hostel.
- Auditorium: The auditorium is where events, lectures, and conferences are held.
- Libraries: The SRHU Central Library occupies a space of about 2400 square meters. It can accommodate 425 people. There are almost 17,000 foreign journals, 5400 old issues of journals, and national journals.
- Additional Services: In addition to this, the college offers additional services including laundry, tailoring, a guest home, parks, a grocery store, etc.
- The cafeteria at Swami Rama Himalayan University is state-of-the-art. In addition to indulging at the on-campus cafeteria, students can have homelike food at the in-house canteens where healthy and hygienically cooked food is served.
- The university employs more than 310 highly trained faculty members. Most of the faculty members have been employed by SRHU for more than 20 years.
- The Himalayan School of Science & Technology, Himalayan School of Management Studies, Himalayan School of BioSciences, Himalayan School of Yoga Science, Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Himalayan College of Nursing, and Himalayan School of Vocational Studies & Skill Development are the seven schools that are located on the campus. There is a distinct facility for each school, which has modern labs, workshops, libraries, etc. The campus’s well-kept parks, playgrounds, sports facilities, gymnasium, café, and yoga studio offer a great atmosphere for personal development. It is convenient for students living in dorms to use the laundry, tailoring, department shop, SBI ATM, and one of the greatest assets, the Himalayan Hospital, to take care of their medical needs.