The University of Delhi, unofficially known as Delhi University. It has been established in 1922 by the Central Legislative Assembly act. It is a central university which is situated in New Delhi, India. Delhi University has been ranked as the best central universities in the country.
- Delhi University has been ranked as 1st position among the top 25 central universities.
- DU is ranked as 8th among top 100 universities in 2019.
The university has many leading names in the fields such as Sports, Cinema, Journalism, Politics, and Commerce, etc. DU has two main campuses and from which one is in North Delhi and the second one is in South. Also, the university holds the membership of several well-reputed organizations which are Association of Indian Universities (AIU), Association of
Commonwealth Universities (ACU) and Universities 21.
The University of Delhi has been listed among the country’s most prestigious educational institutions. DU has been grown so far in India and is the largest university with almost 80 departments, 16 faculties, over 7 lakh students and numerous colleges affiliated to the university.
Admission Process –
DU provides admission on the basis of merit list and cut off and after that, the admission process will start. The interested candidates can apply for admission as per their skills and interest. However, the DU counselling process will take place in offline mode. After the counselling process, DU will organize several rounds as per the seat availability. The candidates will also have to go through Group Discussion and Personal Interview rounds to get admission in the university.
As per the university update, DU cut off will be released in June month 2024. The cut-off marks in simple words are the minimum marks that the candidate should achieve in the entrance test and qualifying exam to get admission in DU.
Admission Process for UG Course (Merit-Based Course) –
- The aspirants have to register themselves online for admission.
- After that, the candidates need to check the cut off list that would be released on the official website of the university.
- If the candidates have got the cut-off marks in the entrance test and qualifying exam then they should log in the account
- Now, select your preference and generate the application form from the website.
- To get admission, the candidates have to bring the admission form along with the important documents asked by the college.
- Now, the university will verify your documents and after that, it will update the admission status after approving on the UG admission portal.
- Once, your admission portal is updated, the candidates need to make the payment of the admission to confirm the admission.
Admission Process for UG Course (Entrance Based Course) –
- After admission, the merit list will be updated and published online and the candidates can check it.
- The seat would be allotted to the students as per their rank and as per the seat availability in the college.
- The aspirants who have been allotted seats through the admission list. They are required to get a printout of admission form.
- Now, the candidates have to report the allotted college for admission procedure with the required documents.
- After the document verification, admission will be approved by the respective college.
- Now the candidates are required to pay the admission fee through online mode to complete the admission process.
- Also remember, if any candidates do not report to the allotted college for admission on prescribed timing then they won’t get admission.
The aspirants must have met the eligibility criteria before applying for admission to the University of Delhi. DU provides admission in more than 1600 courses in across 16 streams with specializations as well. We have given here –
For Graduate Course
- The entrants must have completed class 12th with at least 55% marks from any
- The candidate of any age can apply for the course.
- The aspirants who are in the final year are also eligible to apply for the course.
Post Graduate Course
- The aspirants who want to get admission in post-graduation course in DU must have completed their graduation from any recognized university with at least 65%.
- The entrants who are in the final year are also considered as eligible to apply for the course.
- There is no age bar set by Amity University.
Course Offered by the DU
This as a small list of courses offered by the University of Delhi. DU offers a wide range of course and variety of streams with specializations. Check some course name below –
- B. Sc
- B. Com
- M. Sc
- B. Ed
- M. Ed
- BE/B. Tech
- ME/ M. Tech
University of Delhi Courses Fees
|Course Name||Course Type||Course Fees|
|B. Tech. – Computer Science||Graduation||–|
|B. Tech. – Electronics Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B. Tech. – Food Technology||Graduation||–|
|B. Tech. – Instrumentation Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B. Tech. – Polymer Technology||Graduation||–|
|Bachelor of Education (B.ED)||Graduation||–|
|M. Phil – Geography||Post Graduation||–|
|M. SC – Botany||Post Graduation||–|
|M. SC – Computer Science||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Tech in Manufacturing and Automation Engineering||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Tech- Nanotechnology||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Tech. – CAD/CAM||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Tech. – Signal Processing||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Tech. – VLSI and Embedded System||Post Graduation||–|
|M.A – Comparative Indian Literature||Post Graduation||–|
|M.A – Hindi||Post Graduation||–|
|M.A – Philosophy||Post Graduation||–|
|M.A – Psychology||Post Graduation||–|
|M.A in Arabic||Post Graduation||–|
|M.A in English||Post Graduation||–|
|M.A in Geography||Post Graduation||–|
|M.A in Statistics||Post Graduation||–|
|M.A. – History||Post Graduation||–|
|M.A. – Social Work||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Pharma. in Pharmaceutical Biotechnology||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Phil – Sociology||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Phil in Biotechnology||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Phil in Botany||Doctorate||–|
|M.Phil in English||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Phil in Zoology||Post Graduation||–|
|M.SC – Biochemistry||Post Graduation||–|
|M.SC – Geology||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Sc – Mathematics||Post Graduation||–|
|M.SC – Physics||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Sc in Fabric and Apparel Science||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Sc in Food & Nutrition||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Sc in Human Development||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Sc in Resource Management & Design Application||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Sc in Sociology||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Sc Microbiology||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Sc. – Biomedical Science||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Sc. – Chemistry||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Sc. – Electronics||Post Graduation||–|
|M.SC. – Zoology||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Sc.- Genetics||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Tech in Biochemical Engineering||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Tech. – Mechatronics||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Tech. – Production Engineering||Post Graduation||–|
|Master in library science and information||Post Graduation||–|
|Master of Commerce (M.Com)||Post Graduation||–|
|Master of Education (M.Ed)||Post Graduation||–|
|Master of Physical Education (M.P.Ed)||Post Graduation||–|
|Master of Technology in Nano Science and Technology||Post Graduation||–|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Radio-diagnosis (D.M.R.D.)||Diploma||–|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynecology (D.G.O.)||Diploma||–|
- 10th class mark sheet
- 12th class mark sheet
- Transfer certificate
- Birth certificate
- Migration certification
- Character certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Passport size photographs
Application form 2024
Follow some easy step to fill the application form for more you can visit the official website of the university.
University of Delhi, New Delhi Facility
- Computer Labs
- E- class room
- WI-fi Campus
- Book Loan Facility
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes, there is no age bar set by the university to get admission in undergraduate course.
The cut off means the minimum marks that is to be obtained by the candidate to get admission in the desired course in the university. As per the cut off marks, the university will allot you college and you will get admission in it.
The university has set the different criteria for each course and as per the course. The eligibility criteria of the university differ.
The University of Delhi has been rated as one of the most prestigious and rated as top universities in the country. Hence, pursuing MBA from the university would be a great choice instead.
The university has managed to place almost 50% of the skilled students in top companies and the highest package which was offered to the students was 37 Lakhs per annum.