A new scholarship program has been introduced by the Assam government for all of the state’s students. Because of their financial circumstances, many students would like to continue their education but are unable to do so. Given that this program is being implemented for the benefit of all pupils, the general public will greatly benefit from it. On this page, you can find all the information you need regarding the scholarship program. To learn more about Assam scholarship 2024, read the complete article.
Only children from lower castes who cannot finance their education because they come from wealthy households are eligible for the program. And you should apply for the scholarship program if you want to receive a better education for the future. The full list of scholarships available for state students will be accessible once a few that are now available have been exhausted.
ASSAM SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY 2024
Merit-based combined scholarship
- Candidates must achieve a higher secondary grade point average of 60%.
- 60% for the overall grade (TDC).
- The student must reside in the Assam state of residence.
- A bank account in the name of the student is required.
PG Research Scholarship
- The applicants’ qualifying marks must be at least 55%.
- The scholarship program is open to all students accepted as LLM, M.Phil., or Ph.D. post-doctoral research researchers at any accredited university.
- The candidate needs a bank account under their name.
Pre-matric scholarship for OBC category students, Assam
- Students that fall under the OBC category may apply for the scholarship program.
- The applicant must have scored at least 60% on their previous year’s exam.
- The student’s family’s annual income should not be more than 2.50 lakh.
- Students in grades 1 through 10 may apply for this program.
Pre-matric scholarship for ST students (class 9 and 10), Assam
- Assam’s pre-matriculation grant for ST students in grades 9 and 10
- Students in classes 9 and 10 at government-recognized boards or government schools are eligible for the scholarship.
- The student’s family’s annual income should not be more than Rs. 2 lakh.
- None of the student’s pre-matriculation scholarships should be financed by the government.
Post-matric scholarship for OBC students, Assam
- This program will be available to students who are pursuing their studies from class eleven through the post-doctoral level.
- The family’s annual income should not exceed Rs. 1.50 lakh.
- Students that fall within the OBC category are eligible for this program.
Assam weapons and the Prime Minister’s scholarship programme for the Central Armed Police
- For the ward programs of CAPF and AR Personnel, a scholarship is given.
- Scholarships are also given to retired employees and those who become disabled at work.
- The candidate must have completed degree programs in areas like veterinary medicine, engine programs, BBA, MBA, and MCA.
- The minimum grade requirement for applicants in any of the aforementioned courses is 60%.
How can I register for Assam Scholarship?
All students who fall under the low income categories (SC/ ST/ OBC) or who can not be low-income for their own education would be eligible to apply for the Assam scholarship. The entire process for registering for the Assam scholarship has been covered.
- Visit the Directorate of Higher Education’s official website at directorateofhighereducation.assam.gov.in to register for the scholarship program.
- After reaching the official portal, microprogram the page until you see the option to Apply for a Scholarship on the right side of the screen.
- Once you’ve chosen the choice, you’ll be directed to a new page where you should tap on Register button.
- After that, a new page will load with a registration form; begin filling it out with the information requested.
- You must input the security code on the page after entering the details before selecting the Register Now option.
- You will and have successfully registered for the portal, and you must now log in using your user ID and password.
- You then need to input the security code that is written in the box.
- The application form will then appear on the following page; begin filling it out with the necessary information.
- The needed documents must then be uploaded along with the application form.
- Once you have finished filling out the form, then Now after you have completely filled out the form then, you are required to the submit option.
- By following the above procedure you will be able to apply for the Assam Scholarship program.
Documents needed to register for an Assam Scholarship in 2024
A few crucial documents must be uploaded to be considered for the Assam scholarship. Check out the list of documents below for further information. Your application will not be processed if the necessary documents are not uploaded.
- Certificate of Permanent Residence
- Certificate from the head of the school where the candidate is enrolled or the registrar
- Final examination results from last year
- Certificate and mark sheet for classes 10 and 12
- A recent photo of the candidate that is the size of a passport
- candidate’s signature after scanning
- Form for self-declaration that you do not have any other scholarships
- Account name, account holder name, IFSC code, bank passbook, etc.
- any of the IDs issued by the government ( Aadha r card, Pan card, Voter id card, etc)