A UGC scholarship program called the Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022 was established to help single girls pay for their education. It is possible to apply for a single girl kid scholarship if you are a girl who is the only child of your parents, which implies you don’t have any siblings.
Meritorious female students who are the lone child of their parents are eligible for the Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022 under the UGC scholarship program. This is a step in the right direction for encouraging girls’ education in the nation.
Here we have prepared the list of scholarships for the single girl child.
1. Maharashtra’s Savitribai Phule Scholarship for BC Female Students
All qualified female candidates are invited to apply for the Savitribai Phule Scholarship for B.C. Girl, Maharashtra 2022. The award is solely available to female applicants in grades 8 through 10. The Government of Maharashtra’s Social Justice and Special Assistance Department provides it. The family income cap for this scholarship is zero. The scholarship’s primary goal is to offer financial aid to female students who cannot afford to pay for their education. Students that have sufficient documentation may apply directly from their schools.
2. CBSE Scholarship for a Single Girl Child
A merit scholarship program exclusively for single girl children has been announced by the CBSE board, often known as the Central Board of Secondary Education. This scholarship program’s major goal is to aid deserving female students who are the parents’ only children. Only students who passed their 10th-class test from the CBSE board with at least 60% marks/6.2 CGPA/grades and are currently enrolled in class 11 or 12 at the same or another CBSE-recognized school are eligible for the scholarship program. By providing this scholarship, CBSE hopes to reward deserving female students for their efforts and inspire parents to support girls’ future education.
3. Pragati Scholarship Girl Scheme for Students Pursuing Degrees and Diplomas
Government-sponsored Pragati Scholarship Scheme was used to fund the All India Council’s (AICTE) scholarship program for technical education. It is specifically created for female candidates who are beginning their first year of a diploma or degree program at a college or university that has been approved by the AICTE. Application requirements for the course are that a single family may apply for two girls. The minimum household income should be Rs. 8 lakh, whether married or single.
4. Sashakt Scholarship from the Dr. Reddy Foundation
All gifted female students are invited to apply for the Dr. Reddy Foundation Sashakt Scholarship by the foundation. This grant is solely available to female applicants with a background in science who want to pursue their aspirations by majoring in science at the top universities. The primary goal of this scholarship is to give bright female students a solid educational foundation when they complete grade twelve.
5. Post-Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Children
To attain and encourage higher education for girls, the University Grant Commission established the Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child. This scholarship program was established primarily to help single girl children’s higher education and to promote the advantages of a small household. UGC wants to lower the direct costs of girl education, especially for those girls who are the only girls in their homes. Girls of any age who want to enroll in the first year of PG courses and are under 30 years old can apply for the scholarship. The eligibility requirements are only female candidates are accepted. Candidates must have graduated with a grade of 12 from a reputable board. They must possess the self-assurance necessary to get into India’s top science college.
6. The Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Scholarship Program
All West Bengal students who are deserving but underprivileged are invited to apply for the Swami Vivekanand Merit-cum-Means Scholarship. At the higher secondary, undergraduate, and graduate levels, scholarships are awarded to deserving students. Students who passed the qualifying exam this year and were awarded the SVMCM Scholarship can submit renewal applications online. The eligibility requirements are that the candidates must be West Bengal’s most powerful holders. They must be enrolled in a West Bengal educational institution and pursue studies at the post-Madhyamik level and higher. A family’s annual income shouldn’t exceed 2.5 lakh PA.
7. Internshala Career Scholarship for Girls
For female candidates who have battled against odds to pursue a career in any sector, the Internshala Career Scholarship for Girls (ICSG Scholarship) 2021 is designed. Girls between the ages of 17 and 23 are welcome to apply. The Internshala Career Scholarship for Girls 2021 aims to empower female students and inspire them to pursue their dream careers in any sector they choose, including academia, the arts, sports, and other activities. Anyone interested in applying for the Internshala Career Scholarship for Girls (ICSG) 2021 must first determine whether they are eligible: A girl candidate must be an applicant. She must be born within the age range of 17 to 23 years or between 1 January 1996 and 31 December 2002. She ought to have a career goal.
8. Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship 2022
The Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholar program is a program designed to assist girls in West Bengal who have completed their 12th grade to continue their education. The Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship 2022 is given to females who want to continue their education after completing grade 12 but lack the finances to do so. In West Bengal, girls enrolled in classes from any board and in any stream—basic science, medicine, or non-medical—are eligible for the program. West Bengal will receive the Bigyani Kanya Medha Britti Scholarship in 2022 from Jagadis Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS), Kolkata. Girls will be exposed to the world of education through a program, and with the aid of this scholarship, they can achieve their aspirations.
Scholarship – Application Period
The declaration date of this single young lady kid grant fluctuates from year-to-year. Nonetheless, the grant application period by and large beginnings in the long stretch of July consistently. The cutoff time for this Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship falls somewhat recently of October or January. In the year 2020-21, the last date to apply for this grant was 20 January 2022.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Scholarship Award
Presented by UGC with the means to energize and advance higher examinations among young ladies and their folks/gatekeepers, this single young lady kid grant offers money-related help on the month-to-month reason for a time of two years to 3,000 young ladies from the nation consistently. The grant sum is straightforwardly moved into the awardee’s financial balance. Additionally, the understudies need to present a ‘Continuation Certificate’ toward the finish of at regular intervals in the endorsed design. Presently, find underneath the subtleties of the grant.
- The chose young lady understudies get a grant measure of INR 3100 every month for a time of 2 years, i.e., 10 months out of each year, which covers the full span of the postgraduate course to be sought after by the competitors.
- The honor is dispensed to understudies through the UGC assigned organization from the date of their joining the first year of PG course. The awardees need to present a duplicate of their honor letter and joining report alongside the photo, address and contact number to the assigned organization.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
In request to be qualified for this UGC grant, the candidates should be young ladies concentrating in colleges/schools/foundations perceived by UGC, State/Central Government or are organizations of public significance. The subtleties of Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship qualification standards are given underneath.
- Applicants must be admitted into the regular, full-time 1st year master’s degree course in any designated university or postgraduate college.
- The girl candidates must be the only child of her parents. The candidates must not have any brother, though the girl students who are twin daughters/ fraternal daughters may apply for this UGC scholarship.
- The candidates must not be more than 30 years of age at the time of admission into the PG programme.
- The candidates admitted to PG course through distance education mode are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Also, there are no income criteria for students to be eligible for this scholarship.
Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship – How to Apply
The grant application measure is simple and basic for candidates as the entire cycle has been made on the web. The candidates can apply for this UGC grant through the authority entrance of National Scholarship Portal. Follow the means featured beneath to fill the application type of Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship.
- The candidates applying on NSP for the first time need to register with NSP as a new user.
- Fill in all the required information and click on ‘Register’ to get registered. A student application ID and password is generated on the registered mobile number.
- The girl candidates need to log in to NSP using the newly generated ID and password. An OTP is sent on the registered mobile number using which the candidates must change their password, which is a mandatory step.
- Once the password is changed, the candidates are directed to the Applicant’s Dashboard Page, where applicants need to click on ‘Application form’ to start the application process.
- The applicants need to provide all the necessary details such as registration details, academic details, basic details, contact details and scheme details.
- All the required documents in support of identity and academic eligibility must be uploaded by the applicants.
- Now, the filled-in application form must be saved as a draft so that the applicant can check every detail once again to make sure they are correct.
- Finally, the candidate must click on the ‘Submit’ button to submit the completed scholarship application form.
There are a couple of significant records that the candidates should keep with them while filling the Indira Gandhi Single Girl Child Scholarship application structure. Given underneath is the rundown of the multitude of essential archives that the candidates need to finish the application cycle.
- Scanned copy of Aadhar Enrollment/Aadhar Card
- Applicant’s passport size photograph
- Self-attested copy of previous academic mark sheets
- Fee receipt of the current course year
Terms and Conditions
The up-and-comers need to mind a couple of terms and conditions on the off chance that they wish to profit the advantages of this UGC grant. Featured underneath are a few principles and guidelines connected to this young lady grant.
- Only those candidates who are in the 1st year of a PG course are eligible for this UGC scholarship.
- The candidates are not liable to receive any additional grant in lieu of hostel charges, medical charges, etc.
- Under this single girl child scholarship, the host institutes do not charge any tuition fee from the awardees.
- After the completion of one year of the award of the scholarship amount, the candidates need to submit their Progress Report in the prescribed format to the designated bank (Canara Bank), based on which fund for the next academic is released to the beneficiaries. This report needs to be duly signed by the Head of the Department and Registrar of the University or Head of the Institution or Principal of the College.
- The candidates must keep in mind that if they discontinue their studies without prior notice to UGC, they need to refund the whole amount through e-mode (RTGS/NEFT) directly to the UGC account.
- The awardees of this scholarship are not debarred from accepting any other scholarships.
- The scholarship may be terminated if the candidates get involved in any kind of misconduct, provide incorrect information at any stage of the application or score less than 55% in the 1st year (50% in case of Physically Challenged awardees).