A three-year undergraduate program called the Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Technology, or BSc MLT Course, is split into six years (two semesters per year). Professionals are taught several facets of healthcare in this course. Throughout the course, the students conduct a variety of diagnostic analyses on body fluids, including hematological, bacteriology, immunologic, chemical, and microscopic analyses. Clinical Endocrinology & Toxicology Lab, Diagnostic Molecular Biology Lab, Diagnostic Cytology, etc. are among the topics covered in the program. To be eligible for the BSc MLT program, applicants must have a minimum passing score in their 10+2 science-stream exam with PCMB as a required topic.
Students are admitted to colleges and universities that offer BSc MLT programs based on entrance exams held by each institution, and some private institutions also provide direct admission to students.
Bsc MLT Course Details Process for Admission
Most schools and institutions use entrance exams to determine acceptance to the BSc MLT Course Details, however, some provide direct admission. When deciding whether to admit a student, the marks earned in the qualifying exams are taken into account.
Based on merit
- Candidates will be asked to appear for the selection processes as specified by each college after being accepted for admission to the relevant colleges.
- The medical universities/colleges will publish the relevant merit lists before the selection process that include the names of the candidates along with their ranks, which would be determined based on the prior academic records.
- The medical college or institutions will next invite the applicants for counseling sessions, where each candidate can pick the program and institution of their choosing.
- The medical college or university will give admission to the aspirant based on their rank on the merit list, their desired institution or university, and the number of seats available in their preferred options.
Based on Entrance
- Candidates must show up for the entrance test on the designated date and time after applying for it by the norms of the various colleges.
- The conducting board will publish the relevant merit list comprising the names of the candidates together with their scores and ranks once they have taken the entrance exam.
- In contrast to other disciplines, medical institutions rely on counseling procedures to offer applicants admission.
- Each applicant will be requested to participate in the counseling sessions held by the authorized authority based on their ranks and scores obtained during the admission exam and the merit lists created by the university.
- Candidates will be required to choose their desired subject and college/university at the counseling center.
- The medical college/institution will only provide admission to the courses depending on the applicants’ entrance exam rankings and scores, the course and college they choose, and the availability of seats in their top selections.
The following requirements must be met by students who want to enroll in the BSc MLT program. The minimal score needed in the 12th grade may differ from one college to another.
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 in the field of science with required topics including mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology to be eligible for the BSc MLT program.
- The candidate must complete their 10+2 course from a recognized educational board with a minimum overall grade of 50% or equivalent.
Exams for BSc MLT Course Admission
Admission to the BSc MLT Course Details is either based on merit or entrance exam. In an entrance-based admissions process, students must pass an entrance to apply for admission to any relevant college or university. The following list of the top entrance tests used to select applicants for admission to the BSc MLT program includes:
- JEE Mains: JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination in its entire form. The Nationwide Testing Agency (NTA) administers the admission exam on a national basis twice a year. The exam lasts 3 hours or 180 minutes, and each correct response receives +4 marks, while incorrect responses receive -1 mark.
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advance: A variety of educational institutes and colleges in India accept applicants through the Advanced entrance test, formerly known as the Indian Institutes of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination. JEE Advanced is one of the most difficult tests to pass. Students are admitted to prestigious institutions such as IITs, NITs, IIITs, etc. based on their JEE Advanced score. The contestants have three hours to answer every question.
- Jawaharlal Nehru University Entrance Examination is the full name of JNUEE. The National Testing Agency will administer the JNUEE in 2024. (NTA). It is a university-level examination that will be held to provide admission in several subjects, including engineering, law, science, and humanities at JNU. Candidates who pass this exam will be admitted to a variety of UG and PG programs. To be admitted to any of the JNU programs, you must pass the JNUEE exam.
BSC MLT Course Focus
The degree has a very broad reach, and graduates with a B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology can find employment in a variety of industries all around the world. Following this training, the following areas of focus:
A career in the field of medical laboratory technology is one of the most demanding and rewarding professions available today. A technician or technologist learns something new every day, which is fantastic for their profession.
Many Medical Laboratory Technicians can work at hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, pathology labs, research labs, urology offices, and many other places.