The purpose of the HP Scholarship is to offer financial aid to students who are residents of Himachal Pradesh. The state is home to numerous educational institutions, including two medical schools, four dental schools, two engineering schools, and five universities. Additionally, the state has developed several HP scholarship programs for the benefit of the students’ bright futures. The National Scholarship Portal and HP ePass Scholarship Portal are good places to check for scholarships if you are a student in Himachal Pradesh.
These programs have been created especially for kids who are economically underprivileged and require financial support for a future filled with literacy. Additionally, this post gives you comprehensive details about each HP scholarship that is offered, including its requirements, instructions for applying, benefits, etc.
Students can apply for more than 25 scholarships, each with its prerequisites and requirements. The state administration has been actively working to give qualified students simple access to HP scholarships. The students have access to a wide range of scholarships, including those that are centrally sponsored, state-sponsored, and technical scholarships. The different programs supported by the state and federal governments, along with their application deadlines and provider information, are exhaustively listed below.
HP Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
All of these scholarships have requirements and restrictions before students may apply for them. Except for the requirement that the student must be a genuine student studying within the state or outside the state, within India, and possessing valid AADHAR (UID/EID) credentials, the eligibility requirements for these numerous scholarships vary depending on the financial situation and social status of students.
How to Apply for the HP Scholarship?
To support education in the state, each HP scholarship encourages applications from individuals with various backgrounds. Students can now apply for these scholarships quickly and easily thanks to the newly launched HP ePass scholarship portal. However, the National Scholarship Portal now invites applications for the majority of federally and state-funded scholarships (NSP). Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply quickly and easily for an HP scholarship through the National Scholarship Portal and HP ePass Scholarship Portal.
Application for HP Scholarship via HP ePass Portal
Step 1: Check out the HP ePass Scholarship Portal.
- The Himachal Pradesh ePass Scholarship Portal can be accessed there.
- You can access the list of scholarship programs by clicking on “Schemes Offered.”
Step 2: Sign up
- To register yourself, click on “Student login.”
- Through the student’s provided phone number and email address, the User Id and Password will be sent.
- Keep in mind that the User ID and Password will be used to monitor the scholarship application’s ongoing development.
- Click “New Student Registration” if you are a new student, and you will be taken to the next page.
- If “No” is selected, enter the electronic identification as identification evidence and finish the registration if you do not have an Aadhar card.
Step 3: Include the necessary documentation.
- After completing the registration process by carefully giving all necessary information, attach all supporting documentation needed for the HP Scholarship application. Keep in mind that all of the documents must be genuine and valid since they will be examined before the registration is finalized any or all invalid information will be rejected right away.
- The following information must be completed by the applicant in the application form:
- Primary Details
- Candidate Details
- Present Institution Details
- Contact Details
- Bank Details
- Certificates Details
Step 4: Send your application in.
- Make sure to double-check the application form before submitting it to avoid any unintentional information discrepancies. The student has the option to amend, update, or fill out his form in sections. After doing so, he or she can print the online application form and submit it to the appropriate school together with any necessary documents within the deadline specified in the schedule.
- By using the same ID and password that were given to you when you registered, you can log into the HP Epass Scholarship Portal and keep track of the status of your application.
- The student’s chosen Institute will get the completed online application form after it has been submitted successfully and will verify it there.
1) Dr. Ambedkar Medhavi Chattervriti Yojana for SC Students: Students who qualify will be awarded a scholarship worth INR 12,000 per year.
2. Dr. Ambedkar Medhavi Chattervriti Yojana for OBC Students: Students who qualify will be awarded a scholarship worth INR 10,000 per year.
3. Swami Vivekanand Utkrisht Yojana: Students who qualify will be given scholarships worth INR 10,000 per year.
4. Thakur Sen Negi Utkrisht Chattervriti Yojana: Students who qualify will receive an annual scholarship worth INR 11,000 as compensation.
5. Kalpana Chawala Chattervriti Yojana: Based on a passing percentage in each group as per the merit list provided by the H.P. Board of School Education, Dharamshala, the qualifying students would get a scholarship of INR 15,000 per student per annum.
6. Only for GSSS Bharmour and Chamba, the SC/ST Students’ Merit (CSS) Program will be upgraded.
- The pupil ought to attend school at Bharmour, Chamba.
- The student should be accepted into the ninth grade at the GSSS Bharmour, Chamba based on the results of the middle standard exams.
7. Post-Matric Scholarship Program for Minority Community Students – The student must be a member of one of the minorities (Muslim, Sikh, Christian, or Buddhist).
- They must be enrolled in technical or vocational courses at government- or accredited institutions from class 12 through doctoral level.
- The student’s family’s annual income should not be more than INR 2 lakh.
- The student’s final qualifying exam grade must have been at least 50%.
HP Scholarship: Required Documents
Being a legitimate resident of Himachal Pradesh is the main criterion for the HP scholarship, and extra requirements vary based on the scholarship program the student chooses. The list of general documents that a student must submit in support of his or her application is provided below. The chosen scheme may need to be changed as well as the requirements.
- a passport-sized photograph
- Birth certificate number Aadhar card
- Mark sheet from the most recent qualifying exams
- Bank Current Account Statement for the Student
- tribal certificate and caste certificate (if applicable)
- income certification from the appropriate authority
- fees and receipts for the university (if applicable)