In Chandigarh, Punjab, Goswami Ganesh Dutta SD College (GGDSD) was founded in 1973. It is a part of Punjab University, Chandigarh.
The institution has five main departments that house a variety of UG, PG, and Ph.D. programs. B.Sc., BA, BBA, BCA, B.Com, B.Voc, and a Diploma in Medical Lab Technology are among the UG programs provided by GGDSD, while M.Sc., MA, M.Com, PG Diploma, and MEFB programs are given at the PG level. The Ph.D. in Chemistry and Biotechnology programs are also offered by SD College Chandigarh.
Admission Process and Eligibility of SD College Chandigarh
- On the college website, applicants could complete centralized or non-centralized admission forms.
- Separately made accessibly is the application form.
- Students must complete the application form and pay the cost either online or offline using their preferred method.
- Candidates for B.Sc. admission must have received at least 40% on their 10+2 exam.
- Candidates seeking admission to the BA program must have finished their 10+2 with at least a 50% grade point average.
- Students can enroll in the BBA and BCA programs if they have completed their 10+2 coursework with at least a 50% grade in mathematics.
- Candidates who have received their 10+2 diploma from a recognized Board in any discipline may choose to enroll in a diploma program.
- Candidates for the MA program must hold a B.Com, BBA, BA in English, or equivalent degree with at least 50% of the required marks.
- Similar to this, individuals with a B.Sc. or Graduation degree in the pertinent field and at least 50–55 percent of the marks required are declared eligible for admission to the M.Sc. program
- Candidates must hold a B.Com, BBA, or equivalent degree from a recognized university to be eligible for the M.Com program.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum GPA of 45% to be admitted to the PG Diploma program.
- Candidates for admission to the Ph.D. program must hold a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Any UG program’s admission is determined by the candidate’s performance on the qualifying exam.
- Enrollment in the M.Sc. program in physics, biotechnology, and bioinformatics.
- With merit in the qualifying exam, applicants to the M.Sc. (Physics, Biotechnology, and Bioinformatics) and MEFB programs are admitted through the PUCET test administered by Punjab University.
- The remaining PG programs, such as M.Sc., MA, and M.Com., award PG Diplomas based on the candidates’ performance in their undergraduate studies.
- Candidates are chosen for admission to the Ph.D. program based on how well they performed in the PU Ph.D. The entrance test was held by Punjab University.
- Priority is given to applicants who have passed the UGC NET, CSIR NET, GATE, or National Level Ph.D. Entrance Exam.
Applications for SD College Chandigarh
For Centralized Admission in the BBA, BCA, B.Sc, M.Com, and M.Sc. programs as well as Non-Centralized Admission in the B.Voc, BA, M.Com, and M.Sc.(IT) programs, candidates must submit separate applications. The college’s website offers separate links for centralized and non-centralized admission.
SD College Chandigarh How to Apply Now?:
- Visit the college’s website.
- To access the centralized or non-centralized admission notification links, select the “Online Admission” link.
- Enter your name, email address, and mobile number to register.
- A user ID and password will be provided to the registered mobile number after registration.
- Use the ID and password to access your account.
- Complete the application form accurately, then upload the needed paperwork.
- The application cost can be paid offline or online by the candidate.
- Pay the application fee for online submissions using a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Pay the application cost for the offline method using a scratch card you obtained from the college office or a fee challan.
- 800 INR in application fees
GGSD College Chandigarh Documents Required:
- Aadhaar card
- PU CET rank card (if applicable)
- Marksheet of 10th/ 10+2
- Marksheet of the Last exam
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Reservation Certificate
- Gap year Certificate
- Sub-Category Certificate
- Anti-Ragging Certificate
- Sports Graduation Certificate
- Note: The College follows a centralized admission process for which each candidate needs to register themselves at the official website of DHE,
Goswami Ganesh Dutta SD College FEE STRUCTURE 2024
- Goswami Ganesh Dutta SD College cost of attendance
- SD College Chandigarh placed 12th among the top BCA colleges, 23rd in the Commerce & Science stream, 18th in the BBA category, and 41st overall in the Arts category. India Today conducted this study in the year 2020.
- The GGDSD College offers top-notch instruction in a variety of fields, including business, the arts, science, computer applications, mass media, management, law, and other practical programs.
- Graduate programs offered by GGDSD College include the BBA, BCA, B. Com, BA, B.Sc., and B.Voc. The P.G. programs offered concurrently are the M.Sc., M. Com, MA, and MEFB. In addition, courses leading to a diploma and a graduate diploma are offered.
- Scholarships and fee waivers will be provided by Goswami Ganesh Dutta College to eligible applicants. Students will learn how to perform better academically as a result, in addition to helping to reward them.
- Scholarships will also be awarded to individuals who demonstrate merit and are less well off financially. The college launched a book bank project in recent years, and even a scholarship will be awarded to the University’s top students in the annual/final test (till 10th Position).