GNM Colleges in India: General Nursing and Midwifery, or GNM, is a three-and-a-half-year program. GNM Colleges in INDIA are the school that many students choose for this course. These universities provide courses on dealing with pre-and postnatal maternity care. The program’s goal is to produce competent nurses who can effectively collaborate with reputable doctors in prestigious organizations. One needs to be awake and active to succeed in this course. Not only should this person have a strong work ethic, but they need also to be physically fit.
Your next move, now that you’ve decided to enroll in the GNM program, is to look for the top universities. However, you need not worry because we have compiled a list of the best GNM College in INDIA for you below. Simply choose the college of your choice, examine it on the institution’s official website, or give them a call at (971) 713-4336 for totally free but reliable professional advice.
GNM Colleges in India List
The mission of the Delhi Institute of Technology and Paramedical Sciences is to offer top-notch training in the management, IT, and paramedical sciences disciplines. The institute employs qualified doctors and IT specialists who work hard to develop the greatest professionals and graduates in the various paramedical and information technology disciplines. Additionally, the institute employs experienced and skilled individuals who are adept at establishing connections with IT businesses to provide training assistance and job placement.
With its well-established KH NO.584 Nehru Enclave Near Mini Stadium Alipur, Delhi-36 has been engaged in the field of teaching and research in urban and rural development management since it was founded in 2014. The institution has received accreditation from the American organization for accreditation and assessments (USAAO). Accreditation Bodies International Council (ICAB).
Delhi’s NCT government and Germany’s Deutsche Accreditation Board (DAB) are concerned about India’s government department. The university has appropriate Research and Training Program Collaboration with National Universities. Equalities Certifications Limited New Delhi has granted the institute ISO-9001:2008 certification.
The University Grants Commission approved Jamia Hamdard University’s status as a university in 1989. (UGC). One of the best colleges in India is Jamia Hamdard. It received an “A” grade of accreditation from NAAC and was ranked first for pharmaceutical studies.
Admission to the university is determined by merit and performance on the entrance exam. Jamia Hamdard offers classes in a variety of subject areas, including paramedical and rehabilitation sciences, pharmacy, food technology, medicine, chemical, and life sciences, engineering and information technology, management, interdisciplinary sciences, nursing, law, and humanities, as well as naturopathic medicine.
4) Government Medical College And Hospital
A medical college with a hospital attached is called the Government Medical College and Hospital, or simply GMCH Chandigarh. It began to exist in 1991. GMCH has an intake of 150 applicants for its MBBS Program and offers a variety of UG and PG level courses to students, including MBBS, B.Sc, MD, and MS in several subjects. It offers admissions based on the results of the Punjab University’s competitive examination, the NEET-UG, NEET PG, and the GCET score.
5) IPGMER Kolkata
Several medical UG programs at IPGMER Kolkata are admitted using a cutoff based on the NEET score. Aspiring students who want to enroll in IPGMER Kolkata’s medical programs, such as MBBS, can check their NEET UG 2024 results and wait for the cut-off.
In the Indian state of West Bengal, Kolkata is home to the Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research. Private college IPGMER was founded in 1957.
33 courses are available in 5 streams at the Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research: science, nursing, paramedicine, and medicine.
IPGMER Kolkata offers BSc, GNM, MBBS, MD, and MCh courses. In addition to having a strong methodology for instruction, IPGMER Kolkata is a pioneer in both research and innovation. The emphasis is on activities beyond.
General Nursing and Midwifery, or GNM, is a three-year program that is followed by a six-month internship that must be focused on a specific area of nursing practice, such as maternity care, post-trauma, rehabilitation, mental health care, data gathering, etc. In India, there are 1936 nursing colleges with 1,00,930 nursing seats. GNM admission is accomplished by entrance exams that are administered by state governments. The entrance exam for GNM is not centralized. For admission to GNM, students must have studied science in class 12.
Admission Procedure for GNM Colleges in India
- Admissions to GNM Nursing programs are mostly based on the results of several state-level entrance tests.
- Note: Students may also enroll in an IGNOU New Delhi GNM Nursing Distance Learning course.
- To take the GNM Nursing exams, candidates must have fulfilled the 10+2 requirement.
- Students must complete an application and pay the admission fee. They will be granted direct admission if their score satisfies the requirements of the college they intend to attend.
Top 10 GNM Colleges in India List 2024
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) – Various locations
- Christian Medical College (CMC) – Vellore, Tamil Nadu
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) – Pune, Maharashtra
- St. John’s College of Nursing – Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Rajkumari Amrit Kaur College of Nursing – New Delhi
- Government College of Nursing – Kottayam, Kerala
- College of Nursing, King George’s Medical University – Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- College of Nursing, PGI Chandigarh – Chandigarh
- Tata Memorial Hospital Nursing School – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- College of Nursing, Christian Medical College – Ludhiana, Punjab
GNM Colleges in India Qualifications
- The following list includes the primary requirements for enrolling in a GNM Nursing program in India.
- Students must have successfully passed the Physics, Chemistry, and Biology requirements of the 10+2 Science stream.
- Candidates need also to have passed their qualifying tests with at least 50% of the possible points. Some of the best medical schools that offer the GNM Nursing program require a 60% average.
- Additionally, they must have scored a minimal amount of points on their GNM Nursing Entrance Exam Result.