Paramedical Colleges in Tamil Nadu: In the paramedical area, candidates are trained to handle actual medical emergencies. Numerous programs, including BPT, B.Sc., a diploma in physiotherapy, MD, M.Sc., and others are offered by the leading paramedical institutes in Tamil Nadu. paramedical colleges in tamil nadu accept applications from students who have completed their 12th-grade scientific coursework with at least 50% of the required marks. Top Paramedical courses in Tamil Nadu
Admission to the Top paramedical Colleges in Tamil Nadu is determined by academic performance and entrance exams. The majority of organizations and colleges accept the NEET, AIIMS PG, and SAAT scores. Candidates who have taken paramedical courses can readily get entry-level positions in the healthcare industry. A person with a paramedical degree can find employment as a speech therapist, medical assistant, nurse, paramedic who provides critical care, physiotherapist, radiographer, and many more professions.
Paramedical Colleges in Tamil Nadu: 1) Dr. MGR Educational and Research Institute, [DMGRERI] Chennai
To meet the challenges of the twenty-first century with the aid of technology and education, certain goals have been set, including promoting competency-based education and training, providing students with the most recent knowledge trends, establishing an industry-institution interface, and fostering cross-cultural interactions by bringing together students from across India.
The institution offers a variety of courses at various levels, including undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, medical, and pharmacy, as well as teaching and training programs. Along with these degree programs, important professional programs like BBA, MBA, MCA, BCA, M.tech, B.Tech, and many others are also offered.
Avinshiligam University, also known as Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women, is a Coimbatore-based university for women. The university recently hired 821 female students into positions at organizations like Ernst & Young, Cognizant, Maveric, TNQ, Ford, Wipro, Dell, Reliance Communications, Canara Bank, Bosch, CSS, iGATE, Renault Nissan, 2adpro, Guam, Standard Chartered, etc. with a placement rate of between 91 and 92 percent. For the Arts and Science stream, a median income of INR 1-2 LPA was given to these students. The highest income offered to engineer students was INR 5,50,000 per year, with an average wage of INR 1,20,000.
The institution provides classes in a variety of fields, including management, commerce, biosciences, technology, the arts, social sciences, and education.
Establishment In 1992, Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University aff was affiliated with Apollo Institute Of Hospital Management & Allied Sciences (A Unit Of Apollo Hospitals Educational Trust) (Inst. Code – 371) in Chennai. The Institute is located at 168/85, Ayanambakkam, on the Vanagaram to Ambattur Main Road in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. More information is available at Apollohospitalseducation.Com.
Sims/Saveetha University, formerly known as the Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, was founded in 2005. Chennai, Tamil Nadu, is where it is situated. The institute has received NAAC accreditation and UGC recognition. A deemed to be a university is Saveetha University.
Saveetha University offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in fields like management, engineering, physiotherapy, nursing, law, and dentistry. These courses at Saveetha University have annual admissions processes. At Saveetha University, admissions are handled by numerous departments.
The University’s programs, infrastructure, relationships, and accreditations confirm its status as a national leader. The freedom to engage in academic activities that support students’ academic and personal growth is extremely important to Saveetha University.
Admissions procedures at Paramedical Colleges in Tamil Nadu
Paramedical college in Tamil nadu or institute where the candidate is sorted for admission determines the admissions procedure in paramedical colleges. When it comes to paramedical admission, the institute typically creates a merit list that determines who gets admitted.
Before compiling a merit list for admission, the institute may use an entrance exam or test appropriate to their level. Taking into consideration the last passing exam’s passing score as well.
The college may initially register students with itself and gather their data and exam results. After that, they compile a merit list based on your profile and prior grades. Before the issue, this is typically followed by a personal interview.
Paramedical Courses in Tamil Nadu
Paramedical Courses After 12th:- Tamil Nadu offers a variety of paramedical courses for students interested in pursuing a career in healthcare. These courses are designed to train individuals to assist medical professionals in various diagnostic, therapeutic, and patient care services. Some of the popular paramedical courses available in Tamil Nadu include:
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT): This course focuses on training students in laboratory techniques used for diagnosing diseases and analyzing medical samples.
- Diploma in Radiology Technology (DRT): DRT course teaches students to operate and maintain medical imaging equipment like X-ray machines, CT scans, and MRI machines.
- Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology (DOTT): This course prepares students to assist surgeons and medical teams during surgical procedures in the operation theatre.
- Diploma in Optometry (DO): DO course deals with the study of the human eye, vision, and optometric techniques for prescribing corrective lenses.
- Diploma in Medical Records Technology (DMRT): DMRT course imparts knowledge about maintaining and managing medical records in healthcare facilities.
- Diploma in Anesthesia Technology: This course trains students to assist anesthetists in administering anesthesia during surgeries and other medical procedures.
- Diploma in Dialysis Technology: Dialysis Technology course equips students with the skills to operate dialysis machines and provide care to patients undergoing dialysis.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT): BPT is an undergraduate course that focuses on physical therapy techniques for restoring mobility and treating physical disabilities.
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT): BMLT is an undergraduate course that emphasizes laboratory techniques and diagnostic procedures.
- Bachelor of Optometry (BOpt): BOpt is an undergraduate course that deals with the study of the human eye and vision correction.
- Bachelor of Radiology and Imaging Technology (BRIT): BRIT course focuses on medical imaging techniques and technology.
These are just a few examples of the paramedical courses available in Tamil Nadu. Students interested in pursuing any of these courses should research the specific colleges or universities offering them, their admission requirements, curriculum, and accreditation to make an informed decision. Additionally, it’s essential to consider the quality of practical training and internship opportunities provided by the institutions to gain real-world experience in the field.
Top 10 Paramedical Colleges in Tamil Nadu 2023
Tamil Nadu is home to several well-known paramedical colleges offering a range of diploma, undergraduate, and postgraduate courses in various paramedical fields. Please note that the availability of courses and specific details might have changed, so I recommend verifying the information by visiting the official websites of the colleges. Here are some paramedical colleges in Tamil Nadu:
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- PSG Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Coimbatore
- Annamalai University, Chidambaram
- Vinayaka Mission’s Kirupananda Variyar Medical College, Salem
- Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Chennai
- Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (Deemed University), Puducherry (near Tamil Nadu border)
- Sree Balaji Medical College and Hospital, Chennai
- Shri Sathya Sai Medical College and Research Institute, Kancheepuram
- Karpaga Vinayaga Institute of Medical Sciences, Maduranthagam
- Thanthai Periyar Government Institute of Medical Sciences, Kangayam
- Apollo Institute of Hospital Management and Allied Sciences, Chennai
- Chettinad Academy of Research and Education, Kanchipuram
These are just a few of the reputed paramedical colleges in Tamil Nadu. The state offers a wide range of courses in fields like medical laboratory technology, radiography, physiotherapy, medical imaging technology, operation theatre technology, and more.
Before applying to any college, make sure to check the courses they offer, the duration of the programs, admission criteria, and any other specific requirements. It’s also a good idea to visit the campus or attend virtual counseling sessions, if available, to gather more information about the colleges and their facilities.
Eligibility of Paramedical Colleges in Tamil Nadu
10+2 with biology as one of the subjects; aggregate marks should be high as considered by the college.
Eligibility for paramedical courses varies depending on the kind; some institutions only accept applicants who have completed class 12 with a grade point average of at least 50%.
Depending on the sort of paramedical course, eligibility also varies. While some colleges only take into account applicants who have completed their class 12th in the scientific stream, other institutions, like Virohan, are not bound by this rule.
- As a result, the following are the requirements for enrollment in various paramedical courses.
- The student must have received their 10+2 diploma from a reputable board.
- The pupil must have earned a passing grade in science in class twelve (A few institutes such as Virohan allow students from commerce and arts also to pursue the paramedical course)
- The pupil must have earned a 10+2 grade.