Founded in 2003, ICFAI University is accredited by the UGC, NCTE, and BCI. Additionally, it has NAAC accreditation and AICTE approval. The university offers remote learning courses at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate levels in a variety of disciplines. Admission to all courses is determined by performance on the qualifying test and interview. The University accepts applications both online and off.
Numerous undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs in engineering, law, management, and education are available at the ICFAI University in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. BTech, BCA, BSc, BA, BCom, BBA, BA LLB, LLB, B.Ed, MTech, LLM, MCA, MBA, and Ph.D. are some of the programs offered here. In addition, ICFAI Dehradun provides a limited number of distance learning courses through its Directorate of Distant Learning, including distance BBA, BCA, MBA, and MCA programs. Both offline and online applications for admission are accepted. The institution takes into account applicants’ merit scores and PI performance for UG courses. Candidates must have valid scores on the qualifying national-level entrance test to apply for law courses and some PG programs including MBA and MTech.
The ICFAI University, Dehradun Recognition
- University Grants Commission (UGC)
The ICFAI University, Dehradun Highlights
|College Name||The ICFAI University, Dehradun|
|Approved By||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
The ICFAI University, Dehradun Admission 2023
The University selects students for all of its programs based on their performance on the most recent qualifying exam and an interview. Academic standing, performance on the admissions test, and an interview are all taken into consideration for admission to the Ph.D. program. The admission test is not required for those who have passed NET, GATE, or SLET.
How to Use?
To be considered for admission to this university, interested candidates should follow the instructions below:
Go to the university’s website.
- To apply online, click the Admissions tab.
- Fill out the form completely as directed by carefully reading all of the instructions.
- Upload the necessary documents, then scan the color photo.
- Pay the 500 INR application cost with a credit card, debit card, or online banking.
- Send the form in and keep a duplicate of it
- Additionally, candidates may print the application form and mail it to the admissions office along with a demand draught for INR 500 payable to “The ICFAI University, Dehradun- Fee Collection A/c” in Dehradun.
All courses at ICFAI University Dehradun are open for admission starting in June. The respected candidates must complete the online application form. The CAT/GMAT/NMAT/IBSAT score, group discussion, and personal interview are used to choose students for the MBA program. Candidates who have taken the CLAT, LSAT, or ILSAT will be given preference for the BA LLB, BBA LLB, and LLB programs. Selection for the remaining courses is based on the results of the personal interview and the marks received on the previous qualifying exam.
ICFAI University Fee Structure
|Course Name||Course Type||Course Fees|
|B. Tech ( Lateral Entry)||Graduation||–|
|B. Tech. – Computer Science and Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B. Tech. – Mechanical Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B. Tech. in Civil Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B.Tech. – Mechatronics Engineering||Graduation||–|
|BA LLB (Hons.)||Graduation||–|
|Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA]||Graduation||–|
|Bachelor of Education (B.ED)||Graduation||–|
|BBA LLB (Hons)||Graduation||–|
|M. Tech. – Computer Science and Engineering||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Tech. in Transportation Engineering||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Tech. in Industrial Manufacturing Engineering||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Tech. in Radio Frequency and Microwave Engineering||Post Graduation||–|
|MBA (Master of Business Administration)||Post Graduation||–|
|Ph.D – Education||Post Graduation||–|
|Ph.D – Law||Post Graduation||–|
|Ph.D in Management||Post Graduation||–|
|Ph.D in Science & Technology||Post Graduation||–|
Scholarships based on Academic Achievement: The percentage of marks earned in Class XII (or the equivalent) will determine the amount of the scholarship for UG programs and graduation for PG programs. Each semester receives the same amount of the scholarship. Only if the student maintains a minimum 6.0 GPA from the previous semester will the scholarship be renewed semester after semester.
The university has built solid relationships with leading businesses across a range of industries throughout the years. The following reputable companies have hired graduates from the university: HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, IndusInd Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Axis Bank, Decathlon Sports India, Religare Securities Limited, Zycus Infotech, Reliance Jio, Tata AIG General Insurance, Aditya Birla Capital, Karvy Stock Broking, and Grofers.
The average pay provided for the MBA class of 2017–2019 was Rs. 4.97 lakh annually. The highest remuneration on offer was Rs 10,000,000. The ICFAI University has a track record of 90% placements for its law school and tech school and 100% placements for its BEd program. In the past, ICFAI University students have been hired by organizations such as Byju’s, Jaro Education, Berger Paints, Axis Bank, upgrade, Times of India, Airtel, Microsoft, Honeywell, HCL, Google, IBM, etc.
ICFAI University Seasonal Internship
All MBA program participants are required to complete a 14-week summer internship program between the end of the second semester and the start of the third. The internship is worth 18 credit units of weight. The Outlook Group, GMR Group, Jaro Education, Ernst & Young, Religare Securities Ltd., Gail India Ltd., NTPC, Airtel, Reliance Jio, and many other businesses have employed students for summer internships.
Alumni of ICFAI University Dehradun are hired by prestigious businesses like TCS, HCL, Wipro, ICCI Bank, Tech Mahindra, etc. They work in a variety of fields, including sales, business development, operations, human resources, engineering, and education, among others.
Facilities and Amenities
- The library at ICFAI University houses 24,179 volumes, 62 journals, 33 periodicals, 9 newspapers, and 2516 CDs/DVDs. All professors and students have access to the library’s resources, which are always stocked with the most recent magazines and books. Additionally, the library has directories, industry reports, and statistics collections that offer clear, up-to-date information for projects.
- Faculty members that are very competent and experienced instruct the curriculum. The student-to-teacher ratio is extremely noticeable.
- Hostel- There is a 24-hour power backup system, Wi-Fi access, sports and recreation facilities, a meal, first-aid, laundry, and transportation to and from the university among the amenities offered. To take care of the detainees’ urgent medical needs, agreements have been made with nearby pharmacies and physicians. Both a boys’ and a girls’ hostel are located on campus.
- Sports Center- Facilities include a badminton court, basketball court, cricket field, tennis court, and volleyball field.
- Facilities include a chemistry lab, computer lab, electrical lab, electronics lab, mechanical lab, surveying lab, hydraulics and hydraulic machine laboratory, geotechnical lab, concrete lab, transportation lab, robotics lab, metric and machine tools lab, refrigeration and air conditioning lab, fluid mechanics lab, electrical lab, electronic lab, mechanical lab, heat and mass transfer lab, hydraulics and hydraulic machinery lab.
- The other facilities that are provided to the students are as follows:
- Moot Court (Law)
- Hospital / Medical Facilities
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Shuttle Service
- Conferencence Room
- Media Room
- Seminar Hall
- Convenience Store