The Uttarakhand Technical University Act 2005, which was passed by the Uttarakhand government on January 27, 2005, founded UTU. The campus of Uttarakhand Technical University is in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. UTU has 50,000 students studying a range of topics in its three components and 118 associated institutions. UTU provides B.Tech, B.Pharm, B.Arch, BHMCT, and LLB as bachelor’s degree programs and MBA, MCA, M.Pharm, and M.Tech as master’s degree programs.
The candidate must take the Uttarakhand State Entrance Exam to be considered for admission to UTU (UKSEE). Candidates who wish to enrol in MBA programs must take the MBA Entrance Exam. PGEE at UTU. The University is supporting technical education through its part-time Ph.D. program that is specifically created for teachers and scientists, progress which is tracked each semester. The Uttarakhand Technical University university in the state that the state’s technical institutes can affiliate with is UTU, a public university that has received UGC approval. In addition, this university offers a Ph.D. program with four specializations. Admissions
Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun Highlights
|College Name||Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun|
|Approved By||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
Admissions to Uttarakhand Technical University (UTU) in 2023:
The Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination inter-se merit determines admission to undergraduate programs (UKSEE). Based on the marks and scores, a merit list will be created. Students who meet the requirements must show up for counseling.
For general/OBC applicants, those with 50% to 60% of the required marks and a genuine, qualifying GATE score would be given preference. Candidates who have a qualifying GATE score are exempt from taking the university admission exam. The qualified GATE applicants will fill the first few seats during counseling, and the other seats will be filled based on the University Entrance Examination’s merit (UKSEE). The inter-se merit of the Uttarakhand State Entrance Examination is used to determine admission to the MCA, MBA, MA, MPT, M.Sc., and Diploma programs (UKSEE).
The University’s entrance exam will be the primary criterion for admission to the Ph.D. program.
How Do You Apply?
- Visit the University’s official website.
- Register to take the test.
- the necessary paperwork online.
- Complete the required fields.
- The UKSEE Counselling must be attended by the candidates after they pass the entrance exam.
- During the counseling session, seats will be assigned to candidates depending on their performance on the qualifying exam and their entrance score.
- The University also follows the State Government’s reservation guidelines.
Uttarakhand Technical University, Dehradun Offering Courses
Eligibility: JEE Main Score and 10+2
Fee Structure: ₹1.02 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)
Eligibility: Relevant Subject Score and 10+2
Fee Structure: ₹53,000 (1st Year Fees)
Eligibility: Must hold a degree in B.Tech and GATE score.
Fee Structure: ₹1.02 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)
Eligibility: Must hold a degree in B.Pharma and GPAT score.
Fee Structure: ₹1.02 Lakhs (1st Year Fees)
|Course Name||Course Type||Course Fees|
|B A in Journalism and Mass Communication||Graduation||–|
|B. SC – Home Science||Graduation||–|
|B. SC. – Fashion Designing||Graduation||–|
|B. Tech In Petroleum Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B. Tech. – Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B. Tech. – Computer Science and Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B. Tech. – Electrical Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B. Tech. – Electronics and Communications Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B. Tech. – Mechanical Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B. Tech. – Production and Industrial Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B. Tech. Electrical and Electronics Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B. Tech. in Civil Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B.C.A. (Bachelor of Computer Applications)||Graduation||–|
|B.SC – Computer Science||Graduation||–|
|B.SC hons. – Biotechnology||Graduation||–|
|B.Sc. – Animation and Multimedia||Graduation||–|
|B.Sc. in Food Technology||Graduation||–|
|B.Tech Production Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B.Tech in Biochemical Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B.Tech. – Instrumentation and Control Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B.Tech. – Automobile Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B.Tech. – Mechatronics Engineering||Graduation||–|
|B.Tech. Information Technology||Graduation||–|
|Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA]||Graduation||–|
|Bachelor of Education (B.ED)||Graduation||–|
|Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC)||Graduation||–|
|Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.ED)||Graduation||–|
|BBA – Hotel Management||Graduation||–|
|BBA in Information Technology||Graduation||–|
|BHMCT (Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology)||Graduation||–|
|M. Pharm Quality Assurance||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Pharm. – Pharmaceutics||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Pharm. Pharmaceutical Chemistry||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Pharma||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Pharma – Pharmacognosy||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Pharma in Pharmacology||Post Graduation||–|
|M. SC – Computer Science||Post Graduation||–|
|M. SC Biotechnology||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Tech. – Computer Science||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Tech. – Computer Science and Engineering||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Tech. – Digital Communication||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Tech. – Electrical Engineering||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Tech. – Information Security||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Tech. – Power Electronics and Drives||Post Graduation||–|
|M. Tech. – Power Systems Engineering||Post Graduation||–|
|M.A. – Journalism and Mass Communication||Post Graduation||–|
|M.A. Mass Communication||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Pharma – Clinical Pharmacy||Post Graduation||–|
|M.SC – Biochemistry||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Sc in Environmental Science||Post Graduation||–|
|M.SC Information Technology||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Sc Microbiology||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Sc. – Food Technology||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Sc. – Medical Microbiology||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Sc. – Pharmaceutical Chemistry||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Tech in Civil Engineering||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Tech VLSI Design||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Tech. – Production Engineering||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Tech. – Structural Engineering||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Tech. – Thermal Engineering||Post Graduation||–|
|M.Tech. in Biotechnology||Post Graduation||–|
|Master in Physiotherapy (MPT)||Post Graduation||–|
|Master of Physiotherapy (Neurology)||Post Graduation||–|
|Master of Science (M.sc) in Medical Biochemistry||Post Graduation||–|
|MBA (Master of Business Administration)||Post Graduation||–|
|MBA in Hospital Administration||Post Graduation||–|
|PGD in Cyber Law||Diploma||–|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Human Rights||Diploma||–|
Placement at Uttarakhand Technical University
The University has a respectable track record for placement.
- The placement procedure is rather simple, and the college’s placement cell is also very helpful.
- At UTU, the highest salary is 56 lakhs.
- Students are placed in a variety of businesses, including Amazon, Wipro, Infosys, TCS, IBM, HCL, Emicon, Arnav infosoft, and many more.
- Students receive an average package of INR 3 to 4 lakhs per year, which is a respectable start for new graduates.
- Every year, the placement cell puts forth a lot of effort and places about 80% of the class.
- Everyone is eligible for the internship opportunity offered by the college. One candidate may not sit for two internship exams at the college if he has been shortlisted by only one employer, according to stringent college policy.
- You can gain the necessary experience and skills that businesses are searching for by participating in internships and work placements while you are still in your education.
- Employers are constantly looking for methods to reduce new hire training costs and time. If they use qualified individuals in the field, this is feasible.
- It is only possible for new graduates who have completed work placements and internships during the academic years to find experienced candidates among the freshmen.
- Consequently, participating in a work placement increases your chances of realizing your dream employment objectives.
Scholarships at Uttarakhand Technical University
- The state or federal government sponsors the scholarship. All students, regardless, of course, are eligible for the loan facilities. Students with merit as well as SC, ST, or OBC students may apply for the scholarship. From the dates specified in the official notification from Uttarakhand Technical University, eligible candidates may submit their scholarship applications.
- The National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS), a centrally sponsored program, was introduced in May 2008. The program’s goal is to provide scholarships to deserving students from economically disadvantaged areas to prevent their dropout from class VIII and encourage them to continue their education at the secondary level.
- Every year, a scholarship of INR 6000 per year (INR 500 per month) is given to deserving students in the State.
- For various states/UTs, there is a quota of scholarships available. Students may apply for scholarships if their parents’ combined annual income is less than INR 1,50,000. Every quarter, scholarships are paid out by the State Bank of India directly into the bank accounts of students.
Uttarakhand Technical University Facilities, Faculty, and Amenities
- Library: All books in one location; no need to acquire pricey books or conduct haphazard searches.
- Auditorium: The University features an auditorium facility for events and seminars.
- Laboratories: The university provides student access to department-based laboratories.
- Classrooms: The University’s campus is home to well-equipped classroom facilities.
- Cafeteria: The university has a clean, well-equipped canteen where students can get wholesome cuisine. A mess is designed to provide wholesome meals in a very hygienic manner while also being roomy, open, and structurally sound. Weekly planning of the timetable takes into account both the vegetarian and non-vegetarian preferences of the students.
- Transportation: The university offers bus service to pick up and drop off students at their residence halls. About 50 pupils can ride in the roomy bus at once. This aids in instilling timeliness in students.
- Medical/Hospital: Students also have access to medical assistance services. For any emergency, the ambulance service is available around-the-clock.